The Fire Brigades Union responds to recent media reports regarding recruitment processes: Any suggestion that women and black and ethnic minorities are held to a different standard in...
The national women’s committee of the Fire Brigades Union is an elected group of women members, seeking to:
- Identify resolve and promote all issues affecting women in the fire service
- Progress equality and diversity issues in the workplace
- Actively promote and support the FBU’s policy of eradicating bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Create and promote a supportive network for women FBU members
- Provide and promote education opportunities for women in the FBU
- Encourage women’s participation in main stream FBU issues
- Through effective involvement in the trade union movement, equalise opportunities and improve conditions for all women workers
- Assist and advise other organisations with common goals and aims
- Advance and pursue international issues.