Responding to the third tranche of inspections from Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS), Matt Wrack, Fire Brigades Union (FBU) general...
The national women’s committee of the Fire Brigades Union is an elected group of women members, seeking to:
- Identify resolve and promote all issues affecting women in the fire service
- Progress equality and diversity issues in the workplace
- Actively promote and support the FBU’s policy of eradicating bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Create and promote a supportive network for women FBU members
- Provide and promote education opportunities for women in the FBU
- Encourage women’s participation in main stream FBU issues
- Through effective involvement in the trade union movement, equalise opportunities and improve conditions for all women workers
- Assist and advise other organisations with common goals and aims
- Advance and pursue international issues.