Non Work-Related Accidents and Diseases

A member may be injured whilst playing sport, as a result of a defective product, whilst shopping or on property belonging to someone else.

People who are injured in this way are often unsure about what rights they have to claim compensation, and from whom. Our legal services mean you never need to feel alone in these circumstances Thompsons will be able to advise and represent you.

FBU legal services offers legal cover for members injured travelling to and from work.

FBU members’ dependant children, husbands, wives, partners and parents can also use the free legal service if they suffer a non-work related accident.

As with all personal injury cases, time is of the essence. You should call the advice line as soon as possible after the accident on 0808 100 6061 in order to maximise the chances of winning compensation.

Limited exceptions apply to this service such as clinical negligence claims, group actions and some other claims. Ring 0808 100 6061to find out if your case is covered.