Stop the cuts to Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
Devon and Somerset Fire Authority have proposed the biggest cuts to Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service in living memory.
The FBU condemns these proposals, which would:
• Close eight fire stations in Appledore, Ashburton, Budleigh Salterton, Colyton, Kingston, Porlock, Topsham, and Woolacombe
• Cut night cover at fire stations in Barnstaple, Exmouth, and Paignton
• Remove the second fire engine at Crediton, Lynton, Martock, Totnes fire stations
• Remove the third fire engine from Bridgwater, Taunton, Torquay, Yeovil fire stations
• Cut the day cover for the second fire engine at 14 stations in Brixham, Chard, Dartmouth, Frome, Honiton, Ilfracombe, Okehampton, Sidmouth, Tavistock, Teignmouth, Tiverton, Wells, Wellington, and Williton.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) senior management are proposing to introduce 6 roving day crewed engines for targeted response, alongside prevention work. DSFRS managers are misleading the public by claiming that these changes will improve the service and help keep communities safe.
Help us stop the cuts:
- Sign the petition
- Respond to DSFRS’s consultation and tell them that we reject these dangerous proposals and aren’t prepared to compromise on public and firefighter safety.