Dear Brother / Sister
FIRE STATISTICS – UPDATE 2019
Updated fire statistics have just been published. Attached to this circular is the summary narrative report “Fire and rescue incident statistics: England, year ending June 2019”.
The document is self-explanatory but some key elements are:
- Number of all calls attended have increased by 2% over the reporting year;
- Number of all fires attended have increased by 14% over the reporting year (mainly a result of an increase in secondary fires);
- Fire-related fatalities have increased by 6%;
- Fire related fatalities in dwelling fires have increased by 19%; despite
- Number of dwelling fires reducing 5%;
- Number of all non-fatal casualties increasing by 1%.
Like all our officials, many members like to consider more granular details. The underpinning fire statistic data tables can be found by following this link:
Some of all the tables include UK-wide data. The same link can also be used to locate workforce and pension statistics released today.
I am sure this information will be of interest to all members.
Assistant General Secretary