FBU OFFICERS’ SEMINAR 2018, TUESDAY 16 – THURSDAY 18 OCTOBER 2018
WORTLEY HALL, NEAR SHEFFIELD S35 7DB
Please find attached an application form for the above-named seminar to be held on 16 -18 October 2018. Although the closing date for applications for this seminar is Tuesday_4 September 2018, an early response would be appreciated.
The programme will consider issues of particular interest to officers who are FBU members, and the seminar will help participants to:
· Find out more about the Officers’ Section of the FBU including the roles and opportunities available, the current work of the section and how to become more actively involved
· Consider current debates around future roles and ways of working in the UKFRS within an FBU context
· Discuss matters relating to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate (HMICFRS)
· Explore the challenges of leadership and management roles in the current employment landscape and how trade union values can provide a framework for delivering those roles
· Consider mental health issues in terms of both the pressures and responsibilities on officers in the UKFRS
· Share experiences and build networks with officers from across the country and consolidate the importance of officer member retention and organisation in the FBU.
The seminar is suitable for all members of the FBU who are of the role of Watch Commander/Manager or above.
The Regional Official dealing with course applications should complete a separate copy of the application form on behalf of each of the region’s nominees for the seminar and return as soon as possible to: Jan Ross, Fire Brigades Union, Bradley House, 68 Coombe Road Kingston upon Thames Surrey, KT2 7AE, or email
Course dates and times
Tuesday 16 to Thursday 18 October 2018, at Wortley Hall, near Sheffield, S35 7DB.
The Seminar will start with registration and lunch from 12.00 on the first day and finish with lunch at 13.00 on the third day. All participants should make arrangements to be at the advertised venue before the starting time on the first day.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.