Last year’s photo competition attracted a lot of interest from current members. The 12 final entries are now framed and adorn head office walls, and were used to illustrate the FBU 2017 calendar which has been sent to all branches and can be bought from the FBU shop.
We are looking for powerful, creative, intriguing and/or educational photographs which showcase the huge range of work our members undertake. So whether it’s a dramatic picture of firefighters in action, or control operators dispatching engines, or staff on downtime, working in the community, undertaking training, or returning from a shout please submit your photo and see if you could win.
The first prize will be £500, with two runners up prizes of £100.
The 2017 FBU photo contest opens to entries from 1 January 2017 and closes on 15 June 2017. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules.
Who may enter
The contest is open only to individuals who are current FBU members.
How to enter
You can enter either online or by post.
Include your full name, address, membership number, contact telephone number, email address with a short description of your picture detailing where it was taken and the story behind the photo.
Digital images must have a minimum size of 3,000 pixels on their longest edge.
Physical prints or slides must be of sufficient quality and resolution to be printed at large size. Original negatives for prints must be available.
Email: [email protected]
Post: FBU Head Office, Bradley House, 68 Coombe Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey, KT2 7A.
First prize of £500.
Two runners up will receive £100.
The judging panel will be made up of Matt Wrack, FBU general secretary, Chris Longley from our sponsors College Hill Press, Anna Zych from the FBU communications team as well as editor and designer Alan Slingsby and photojournalist Jess Hurd.
- This competition is only open to FBU members whose membership fees are up to date.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe on the rights of any other party.
- Each image entered must be the work of the individual submitting it and must not have been published elsewhere nor have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any image they submit has been taken with the permission of all people recognisable in it and that the image does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- Copyright in all images submitted will remain with the entrant. But each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Fire Brigades Union to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of its publications, websites and/or in any other material published by the union.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- Entries will be considered from fire service photographers.
- The competition closes 15 June 2017.
- We cannot guarantee entries can be returned.
- The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants must warrant that they took photograph they submit and that they own its copyright.
- Submission of an entry will be taken as acceptance of the rules of the competition.